Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can be diagnosed as soon as 15-18 months. About 1 in 59 children are diagnosed with ASD according to the CDC’s Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring. Children on the spectrum often lack communication, social and emotional skills. Help your family and friends to look for the following Red Flags/signs:
- Avoids eye contact
- Lack of response to name
- Lack of interest or enjoyment in toys, activities or person
- Repeats words or phrases said to them
- Lack of ability to express their wants/needs using typical words or gestures
- Repetitive movement with or without objects
- Not play “pretend” games.
- Have obsessive interest
- Lack of awareness in the environment, and little safety skills.
- Prefers to be alone or not be held or cuddled
- Get upset by tiniest changes in their daily routine
For a free consultation contact us at (561) 568-9367